- Acknowledgement of Trauma & Resources
- Anti-Asian American Racism, Xenophobia, and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- DACA Update
- OIIR Statement on Jacob Blake and Trayford Pellerin
- OIIR COVID-19 Update
- ICE Modifications for International Students
- 2020 Supreme Court Decisions
- Civil Unrest Statement
- COVID-19 Statement
- OIIR Statement Regarding Zoombombing
- OIIR News
- Past Statements
- Discussion Spaces for DACA Student Support
- Supreme Court Limits Birth Control Access
- Commitment to Survivors
- Commitment to Open Dialogue
- Indigenous Peoples' Day 2019
- Tuesday, March 14th OIIR Drop-In Space
- Statement in Response to Orlando
- Response to White Student Union Page
- Statement in Response to The Daily Illini
- Response to White Student Union Facebook Page
- Statement concerning the use of deadnames at Convocation ceremonies
The Office of Inclusion & Intercultural Relations will host drop-in space at La Casa Cultural Latina on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 all-day (9am-9pm) as a space to engage in - or disengage from - dialogue on affirmative action on campus.
In 1961, US President John F. Kennedy signed an executive order requiring federally-funded employers to “take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed . . . without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin.” As Chancellor Jones has recently stated in a massmail to the campus community, the University of Illinois is “fully committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action and equal access to the opportunities we offer” (January 6, 2016). At OIIR, we believe strongly that all students accepted to the University of Illinois are not only capable, but also amazing, innovative, and the leaders of tomorrow who worked hard to get here.
Join staff from across the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations at La Casa’s Cultural Latina for snacks, space, and opportunity to have productive and respectful conversations, face-to-face. Come to talk, or just come to hang out and study.
The units of Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations are open 5+ days per week promoting academic success, identity development, civic engagement and critical dialogue. Learn more at oiir.illinois.edu.