Every Monday, the AACC invites different RSOs and campus partners to host Chai Time. Tea and snacks will be provided by the AACC. The event could be anything the host would like it to be. It could be as informal as group study and cookie decorating, or as formal as an awareness workshop. To request a designated meeting space, please visit our space request page.
Chai Time takes place every Monday evening at the Asian American Cultural Center from 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
The AACC is currently seeking RSOs to co-host Chai Time for the Fall 2019 semester.
- September 30th
- 5pm-6pm, Indian Student Association: South Asian Media Representation
- 6:30pm-7:30pm, Asian American Cultural Center, Privilege Awareness
- October 7th
-5:30pm-6:30pm, Hillel, Diversity and Social Justice Education: Forgiveness
- October 14th, No Chai Time in observance of Indigenous Peoples Day
- October 21st
-5:30pm-6:30pm, Graduate Student Appreciation Celebration
- October 28th
-5:30pm-7:00pm, Illinois Student Government
- November 4th
- 5:30pm-7:00pm, Art Exhibit Reception
- November 11th, TBA
- November 18th, 5pm-8pm, Asha for Education
- November 25th, Thanksgiving
- December 2nd, Lunar New Year Teacher In-service
- December 9th, TBA
- December 16th, TBA
Please contact our Assistant Director Christina Carpio (email@example.com) if your organization is interested in co-hosting.