- our mission and goals
- scpf funding
- Annual Report
- People of OIIR
- contact us
- Report Acts of Intolerance
- Statement on Stereotypes and Bias on Campus
President Killeen and Chancellor Jones provided information on the campus response to COVID-19. Here is additional guidance from the Office of Inclusion & Intercultural Relations on matters associated with the Student Programming Fee (SCPF). Any questions or concerns should be directed to 217.300.1300 or SCPF@illinois.edu.
- All university-sponsored international travel is prohibited, along with non-essential domestic travel until further notice. This also applies to travel funded by SCPF. If you have scheduled upcoming travel, you are encouraged to cancel and seek any refunds possible. Travel previously approved by SCPF will be reimbursed for any expenses already accrued by following the SCPF reimbursement process. Organizations, departments, and individuals that are not utilizing University funds are strongly encouraged to cancel travel.
· The University is suspending all University-sponsored, in-person events and meetings in campus facilities, effective March 13. All previously approved space requests for on-campus events, including University-funded sources like SCPF, SORF, and campus departments, will be placed on hold and permission to hold these events will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. This review process will take into consideration the cost associated with transitioning to a digital platform among previously approved SCPF-sponsored events. Events in on-campus venues for 50 or more will be cancelled. It should be assumed that all events scheduled for the spring semester will not be approved and are subject to cancellation. We strongly advise that regardless of size of your event, you consider the proximity of your members and those attending and use caution. According to the CDC, Social distancing is a valuable tool in mitigating transmission.
· Events that have been postponed into the fall, and have already received SCPF approval, will not be required to resubmit a new application. SCPF will honor previously approved applications for events that are being rescheduled in the fall 2020 semester. In order to retain SCPF funding, submit an outline to SCPF@illinois.edu which includes program title, applicant information, date, time, location, and an updated budget.
· Applications submitted for the summer and fall 2020 semesters will be reviewed virtually. Entities can expect to receive questions via email with an outlined deadline for response. In-person meetings will be cancelled for the remainder of the semester. SCPF approvals are conditional and subject to the Illinois System-wide approach to mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
· For previously approved programs which transition to a digital format during the spring 2020 semester, utilize the SCPF reimbursement guidelines. Reports should be crafted upon the conclusion of online programs and emailed to SCPF@illinois.edu.
· If possible and as appropriate, all entities are encouraged to explore alternative ways for conducting events and meetings regardless of size (e.g., livestreaming and conference calling). With regard to student organizations, if your organization has an advisor, we suggest you consult with them in making a determination on your organizational plans.
· Although this guidance does not apply to non-University funded, off-campus events or spaces, we strongly students, faculty, and staff to consider cancelling travel and events for the rest of the semester to minimize the health and safety risk to the members of your organization and the broader community.
Please also continue to check your email and the COVID-19 website for updates and more specific information from the university and from your colleges and units. The Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations will also be available to assist you with addressing the impact of the campus directives.
Shawna Patterson-Stephens, Ph.D.
Office of Inclusion & Intercultural Affairs