If you still have questions, please email Assistant Director Ashley M. Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (217) 333-2092
1) When is the 2017 Black Congratulatory Ceremony?
Saturday, May 13, 2017 7:30 p.m. Huff Hall Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
(Graduates arrive at 6:30 pm in the Armory)
2) When and how can I register?
Congratulatory Registration closes Friday, April 14, 2017 at 5:15 pm
Registration is CLOSED!
Open registration ends Friday, March 3, 2017 at 5:00 pm $65.00
Late registration ends Friday, April 14, 2017 at 5:15 pm $85.00
Late Registration Payment times:
- Thursday, April 13 10am-5:30pm
- Friday, April 14 11am-5:15pm
3) If I have a ceremony starting at 4 p.m. elsewhere, may I still participate?
-Yes, you will simply miss the processional. Ushers will direct you to your seat.
4) How many tickets do I receive?
-This is a non-ticketed ceremony. NO TICKETS NEEDED! There is designated seating for individuals who are physically unable to climb the bleachers of Huff Hall and we ask that you are mindful and allow them to sit there. It is open seating everywhere else. Everyone is invited to attend.
5) Why do I have to pay for this and not the other ceremonies?
The Black Congratulatory Ceremony is voluntary and participation is not funded by tuition like the other ceremonies are. The fee is to participate and partially fund the following items. The Bruce D. Nesbitt African American Cultural Center covers the remaining costs.
-Special Needs Seating
-Black Family Reunion
***These are only guaranteed for those who meet the March 8, 2017 1:30 pm deadline.***
6) Does my registration fee pay for my cap & gown?
NO it does not. It is required that you have a cap & gown to participate in BCC.
Ordering Academic Attire
You may order regalia for the spring ceremonies beginning in January.
Academic rental attire is ordered at http://www.herffjones.com/illinois/. After placing your order, you will have the opportunity to print a receipt. Please present the receipt when you pick up the apparel. You will not be charged the rental fee if academic attire is not picked up during the distribution period. Rental fees must be paid in full by cash or check, made payable to Herff Jones, when you pick up the apparel. Payment cannot be made in advance.
7) Is the $65 March 8, 2017 1:30 pm open registration deadline flexible?
NO. If your registration and payment is mailed in and not received until Monday, March 6, 2017 you must pay the additional $20.
8) Can I register after March 29, 2017?
NO. We will not be able to accept your registration after that date.
9) Can I just drop my payment off any time with anyone at the BNAACC?
NO!! ABSOULUTELY NOT! Payment can only be accepted by Assistant Director Ashley M. Davis at the given times below. If you can’t make those times, send someone on your behalf or mail it in. Acceptable payment via mail is a money order or cashier's check made payable to "University of Illinois." No pesonal checks accepted.
Open Registration Payment times:
- Monday, March 6 10am-3pm
- Tuesday, March 7 11am-3pm
- Wednesday, March 8 9am-1:30pm
10) Our class picture is MONDAY, APRIL 17 at 4pm. We will take the group class picture at 4 pm and we will take the individual pictures afterwards. Come in business attire to the lobby Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. You will have the opportunity to purchase these pictures after you've taken them.