What is Wake Up Call?
Wake Up Call is designed to assist new black students acrrosss the disapora in their transition to the University of Illinois by presenting them with a preview of campus life. During this event students will have the opportunity to connect with various campus partners and learn more about the resources offered through the BNAACC, 100 Strong and how to become a part of the100 Strong mentoring program. All participating students will recieve a FREE t-shirt!!
When: Saturday, August 24, 2019
Where: Foellinger Auditorium709 South Matthews Avenue Urbana, IL 61801
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
RSVP Here: https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/5008268 . This link will close on August 8th.
The learning outcomes of Wake Up Call are as follows:
- To acquaint students with the purpose of and resources offered through 100 Strong and the BNAACC .
- To create a welcoming and safe environment for first year students that promotes unity and sets the foundation for community building across the African/African American diaspora.
- To enhance students' understandings of strategies for success and begin to understand their own potential and challenges.
- To expose first year students to future campus involvement opportunities.
- To familiarize students with the campus environment and physical facilities.
Please contact the Assistant Director, Jazmyne Kellogg via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.