- About Diversity Ed
- I-Connect Diversity & Inclusion Workshop
- LENS certificate
- Illinois Interfaith Challenge
- Professional Development
- Make a Gift to Diversity Ed
- Request a Workshop
Announcing Our Spring 2020 Diversity Ed Social Justice Award Winners
Outstanding Alumna Award: Kaytlin Reedy-Rogier
Outstanding Faculty/Staff Award: Dr. Johnell Bentz & Dr. Carolyn Randolph-Kato
Outstanding Graduate Student Award: James Steur & Rayven N. Morrow
Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award: Jameelah McCregg & Sudarshana Rao
Diversity and Social Justice Education Social Justice Awards are for an unsung undergraduate student, graduate student, staff or faculty, alumnus, and registered student organization that has sought to address marginalization, oppression, and/or privilege. Individuals and organizations who receive University compensation (e.g., course credit or pay) to engage in social justice work are not eligible.
Successful candidates have sought to address marginalization, oppression, and/or privilege through their academic, co-curricular, and/or social engagement. Through their efforts, successful nominees will help promote critical awareness, perspective taking, understanding, critical thinking, and/or action for fairness and the common good.
Nominees may be submitted by a faculty or staff member, or another Illinois student. Self-nominations (including via current members of a student organization) are not accepted; however, we encourage students to discuss their interest in an award or scholarship with a potential nominator who they believe can speak to their strengths and qualifications. Nominators are urged to let their nominees know a nomination is being submitted for them.
- Undergraduate Student Award - Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student.
- Graduate Student Award - Must be a currently enrolled graduate student.
- Student Organization Award - Must be a registered student organization in good standing.
- Staff/Faculty Award - Must have been employed by the University of Illinois during the current academic year.
- Alumni Award - Must be a graduate of the University of Illinois