IJourney workshops are peer developed, peer led workshops covering a variety of topics. Facilitated by pool of trained student-facilitators, IJourney workshops explore issues of social identity, exclusion/inclusion, and being an ally. Student-faciliators with requestors to adapt, modify, or create a workshop to meet the needs of the specific groups.
Request a Workshop
You can make a workshop request by completing the Request for I-Journey Workshop form. Be prepared to share the audience/location, topic, date, and time. Workshops should be requested two weeks in advance for full consideration. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Campus Divided: Who, Where, and Why We Segregate examines how and why we segregate ourselves and how we can initiate change.
- A Nation of Immigrants: Examining Past and Present is an introduction to what immigration looks like in the US and examines how immigration impacts our campus.
- Belief: Exploring Ways of Making Meaning facilitates discussion about different belief systems and other ways in which we make meaning in our lives.
- Bystander Intervention: Do You Have a Responsibility? explores the benefits and challenges of bystander intervention and specific strategies you can use as a bystander.
- Call Me by Your Name: Cultural Significance in Personal Identity facilitates discussion about cultural appropriation and why it may be difficult to identify.
- Disable the Label: A Dialogue on Ableism examines how disability is defined and ways in which we can be better allies for disability justice.
- Enhancing Stereotype Awareness explores the formation and perpetuation of stereotypes and how stereotypes affect our interactions with others.
- I'm Aware: Examining Our Privilege explores how privilege impacts our lives and how it relates to our social identities.
- Let's Talk about Sex(ism)! Tackling Gender Inequality examines what modern day sexism can look like and other issues related to gender identity.
- Real Talk: Connecting Communities through Intercultural Communication explores how our cultural identities influence how we communicate and how to improve communication with folks from different cultures than our own.
- Road Trip! Mapping Our Social Identities explores how our life experiences have influenced the development of our personal identities.
- Sexual Racism: Navigating Interracial Relationships and Intimacy explores the challenges of interracial dating, both online and off.
- Tense Waters: Navigating Political Correctness explores how political correctness affects our lives and interactions with others.
...Or perhaps you are interested in a completely different workshop. Complete the Request for I-Journey Workshop form to select one of our predesigned workshops or request a unique workshop that caters specifically to your needs.