- DACA Update
- OIIR Statement on Jacob Blake and Trayford Pellerin
- OIIR COVID-19 Update
- ICE Modifications for International Students
- 2020 Supreme Court Decisions
- Civil Unrest Statement
- COVID-19 Statement
- OIIR Statement Regarding Zoombombing
- Commitment to Open Dialogue
- OIIR News
- Past Statements
- Discussion Spaces for DACA Student Support
- Supreme Court Limits Birth Control Access
- Commitment to Survivors
- Indigenous Peoples' Day 2019
- Tuesday, March 14th OIIR Drop-In Space
- Statement in Response to Orlando
- Response to White Student Union Page
- Statement in Response to The Daily Illini
- Response to White Student Union Facebook Page
On September 5, 2017, the White House formally announced the decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, affecting nearly 800,000 people who were brought to the US as children. In an effort to support and educate our campus community, several events have been planned, thanks to the support of the University of Illinois, the Latino/a Student Alumni Association, Illinois Coalition Assisting Undocumented Students Education (I-CAUSE) and La Casa Cultural Latina.
Thursday, September 21, 2017, 5–7 pm
Workshop for ANY and ALL undocumented students. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Friday, September 22, 2017
10–11:30 am | Know Your Rights Workshop, La Casa Cultural Latina
12 pm (By appointment) | DACA Renewal Clinic - Immigration attorney Daissy Dominguez assist any and all undocumented/DACA students that are eligible to renew with their application that day.
For an appointment contact us at email@example.com
The Latino/Latina Student Alumni Association (LLAA) and individual Alumni have committed to sponsoring the USCIS DACA Renewal fee for a limited number of students.
For Staff and Faculty
Friday, October 13, 2017, 9 am–12:00 pm
Undocumented Student Ally Training for staff, faculty, and administration. It is open to 50 people and anyone can register at http://go.illinois.edu/undocuallytraining