- Statement in Response to the Cartoon Published by The Daily Illini
- About La Casa
- Our Programs
- La Casa Events
- Latino Family Visit Day (LFVD)
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- New Student Programs
- Dia de los Muertos
- Fusion Stroll Competition
- Las Posadas
- Black & Latino Male Summit
- Black & Latina Womxn Summit
- Celebrando Nuestros Logros
- Latino Youth Conference
- Dia de las Madres
- Latina/o Congratulatory
- 40th Anniversary
- Past Events
- Latina/o Resilience Network
- Get Involved
- Photo Gallery
- Space Request
- Student Staff
- Contact Us
38th Annual Latina/Latino Congratulatory Ceremony
Friday, May 12, 2017 at 7 pm
Foellinger Great Hall at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
500 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana
The Latina/Latino Congratulatory Ceremony is a bilingual ceremony held annually to recognize and celebrate the achievements of all Latina/o students graduating with a bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D.
To register for the 38th Latina/o Congratulatory you must register online. Once you register, please STOP by La Casa Cultural Latina to pay the program fee $60.00. If you register for the congratulatory ceremony after Friday April 7th, you will not be able to receive a stole.
La Casa Cultural Latina
1203 W. Nevada Street MC 145
Urbana, IL 61801
Tuesday, January 17: 2017 Congratulatory Registration opens
Friday, March 17: Deadline to apply to be a student speaker at Congratulatory
· We need 3 student speakers for the following parts of the program: Opening (5 mins), Addressing the Parents (5 mins), Closing (5 mins - GRADUATE STUDENT)
· In order to apply to be a student speaker, send a draft of your speech or video by the deadline to Jorge Mena Robles (email@example.com)
· Deadline to apply for EMCEES – Congratulatory Committee will make arrangements for auditions.
Friday, April 7: Auditions for student speakers at La Casa, Room 116, 10:30am-12pm
· If you know you won’t be able to attend the auditions, but would like to still be considered please make a note of that when you apply.
Friday, April 7: Deadline to register with the guarantee of a graduation stole. Questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Friday, April 7: Deadline to nominate graduate students (information online). Please contact Araceli Diaz (email@example.com) for questions.
Friday, April 21: Deadline to register and pay your $60 (Cash or Check Only). Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 5pm.
Monday, May 8: Class photo at Krannert & rehearsal at Krannert, 2pm-5pm.
Friday, May 12 at 7pm: Congratulatory Ceremony at Foellinger Great Hall at the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts.
For more information or questions, please contact Dr. Gioconda Guerra at firstname.lastname@example.org.