University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign LGBTQA Alumnae group
- Provide networking opportunities for both career and social purposes
- Learn about LGBTQA issues and programming on campus
- Facilitate creation of subgroups in communities that have large concentrations of UI alumni
- Promote LGBTQA awareness within the larger UI Alumni Association community
- Create a means through which the LGBT Resource Center can easily reach us to enlist our aid in programming, resource gathering, support and, direct some of our alumni giving to the Center or LGBTQA student groups.
Please contact Curt McKay, former director of the LGBT Resource Center for more information
The LGBT Resource Center just turned 20 years old!
As the fall semester comes to a close, we can hardly believe it has been two months since we celebrated 20 years of the LGBT Resource Center at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. That weekend and all of the events leading up to the anniversary provided many opportunities to connect and re-connect with our fabulous U of I alumnae. From the staff here at the LGBT Resource Center, we thank you for your support and look forward to interacting with you again soon. We look forward to 2014 (and beyond) and the chance to plan activities not only on campus, but also destinations off campus in an effort to provide outreach and build community with our our U of I family.
For updates check our Facebook page:
We encourage you to consider making a tax-deductible contribution to the LGBT Resource Center. Why should you give?
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Resource Center is a unit within the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations and serves as an integral part of the University community. We are dedicated to the intellectual and personal development of our students, staff and faculty. Our mission is to foster an environment that is open, safe and inclusive for people of all sexualities and gender identities.
Your gift will go a long way in helping current students, such as those you met at the reunion, attend conferences that build professional development and increase their leadership potential. To make an online gift, please click here.