- About La Casa
- Our Programs
- La Casa Events
- Undocumented & DACA Students
- Get Involved
- Photo Gallery
- Space Request
- For The Student Staff
- Contact Us
- La Casa Newsletter Sign Up Form
Mentoring Encouraging Teaching Achieving
Meeting your goals, achieving your dreams
The La Casa META Program is designed for all undergraduate students to forge paths and create networks to achieve academic success and personal growth. Through the META Program, La Casa Cultural Latina promotes retention, service, and achievement to turn today’s students into tomorrow’s leaders, professionals, and community organizers.
What does the META Program do?
- Encourages students to define and set goals and work together.
- Develops strategies and timelines to achieve those goals.
- Directs you to campus resources to identify your strengths and acquire the skills you need to achieve academic success.
- Allows you to choose among the different programs and workshops that La Casa offers to help with your academic and personal achievement. Along with the small group interaction, La Casa hosts programs such as Lunch @ La Casa, and every other Monday with LRN.
- Creates a sense of collective responsibility among META members and urges all students to get involved with Latinas/os on and off-campus through mentoring and college recruitment programs, citizenship workshops, and community actions and celebrations.
META/Latinx Resilience Network Workshop Schedule for Spring 2021
LRN-LLS Cares-Plantitas are here for you: Medicine 101- 5:30-6:30pm- 3/9/2021
LRN-LLS -Cares-Stress Management, Self Care-5:30-6:30pm-3/23/2021
META- Applying to Grade School 101-5:30-6:30pm-4/5/2021
LRN-LLS Cares- "Walking Together in Distance: Exploring Possibilities of Connection Through Art"- 5:30-6:30pm- 4/6/2021
META- Sexual Assault Awareness- 5:30-6:30pm- 4/19/2021
Link to Sign Up: https://go.illinois.edu/LLSLRNSIGNUP
For more information or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org