- OIIR Statement on Jacob Blake and Trayford Pellerin
- OIIR COVID-19 Update
- Supreme Court Limits Birth Control Access
- ICE Modifications for International Students
- 2020 Supreme Court Decisions
- Civil Unrest Statement
- COVID-19 Statement
- OIIR Statement Regarding Zoombombing
- Discussion Spaces for DACA Student Support
- Commitment to Open Dialogue
- Past Statements
- OIIR News
June 23, 2020
The Supreme Courts' recent decisions to uphold Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which protects LGBTQ+ employees from discrimination based on sex, directly aligns with the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations' (OIIR) mission of improving campus climate that results in an appreciation for diversity and cross-cultural engagement. These decisions signficantly impact students, staff, faculty, and community members that participate in OIIR activities and its eight units. This is a major win in an ongoing struggle that will continue to reemerge over time.
OIIR will continue to advocate for the students, staff, faculty, and community members it serves and monitor both situations. For updates on immigration policies and other resources for undocumented students, visit open.illinois.edu.
Additionally, the Massmail sent by Chancellor Jones last week offers the stance of our university regarding DACA.