- About AACC
- stop asian hate campaign
- Anti-Asian Bias Tools and Resources
- AACC Programs
- AACC Events
- aacc scholarships
- Get Involved
- Space Request
- Contact Us
- newsletter sign-up
2022 Outstanding Asian American Alumni Award
The Asian American Cultural Center at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is now accepting nominations for the 2022 Outstanding Asian American Alumni Award.
Established in 2005, this honor recognizes alumni who have distinguished themselves through
(1) outstanding contributions to the Asian American community,
(2) exceptional success in their professional careers, and
(3) meritorious service supporting the mission of the University.
* Describe how the nominee meets all three criteria for the award as listed above (links to external websites are welcomed).
* Include full name and e-mail address for both nominee and nominator.
* Email as an attached Word document to email@example.com no later than Wednesday, November 3, 2021.
* Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As in past years, a panel of students, alumni, faculty, and staff will determine the final selection. Nominations will be considered for three years if NOT selected for the award this year. The award will be presented publicly at the annual Asian American Leadership Awards Ceremony.
2020 Gordon Liao, social entrepreneur and activist
2019 Deborah Ikeda, student affairs professional
2018 Anna Hui, public service
2017 Dennis Mondero, community advocate
2016 Sandra Yamate, attorney and children’s book publisher
2014 Jasjit Singh, civil rights advocate
2013 Karin Wang, civil rights lawyer
2012 Ho Chie Tsai, community organizer
2011 Eboo Patel, interfaith organizer
2010 Kelly Tsai, spoken word artist
2009 Yoshi Hayasaki, hall of fame gymnastics coach
2008 Betty Lee Sung, Chinese American studies pioneer
2007 KW Lee, dean of Asian American journalists
2006 Ang Lee and Jane Lin, film director and medical researcher
2005 Iris Chang, best-selling author and journalist