- WRC Home
- Women's History Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- About WRC
- Support Services
- Our Programs
- WRC Events
- Get Involved
- Photo Gallery
- Space Request and Request for Co-sponsorship
- Contact Us
Verdell Frazier Young Awards for Women
The Verdell Frazier Young Award was established to assist women who have had an interruption in pursuing a college degree. Awards are available for Fall, Spring and Summer. Individual applicants can be awarded for two semesters within a given degree program. The application is currently open and must be submitted by Friday, September 1st at 5pm for full consideration.
Award Eligibility Requirements:
- There must be at least one year interruption in the educational process with priority given to applicants with a two or more year interruption. The interruption can occur at any point in the educational career.
- Priority for awards will be given to undergraduate students.
- All currently enrolled students are eligible regardless of citizenship or in-state status.
- All continuing students must have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75; each student must include a copy of their transcript or grade report.
- Students will be eligible for the awards no more than 2 semesters per degree (including summer terms).
- All students must submit a copy of their Financial Aid Award Letter; financial criteria will help to determine the amount of the award.
- A fully completed application and interview will be required for all applicants.
- Students must be enrolled at the University of Illinois - Urbana campus during the award period. Enrollment may be full or part time.
How to Apply
Applications may be submitted via the online form here. Applications must be submitted by Friday, September 1st at 5pm for full consideration. Potential recipients will be invited to a brief, in-person interview. Note: You will be notified by Women's Center staff if you are selected for an interview.
Additional questions can be directed to the Women's Resources Center at email@example.com or (217) 333-3137.