- WRC Home
- About WRC
- Support Services
- Our Programs
- WRC Events
- Welcome Week Events
- Women in STEM Week
- Women's History Month
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Annual Campus Ecofeminism Summit
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Annual Feminist Film Festival
- Anti-Stalking Awareness Month
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- FYCARE 20th Anniversary Celebration
- Get Involved
- Photo Gallery
- Space Request and Request for Co-sponsorship
- Contact Us
Take the ICARE Challenge
Do you believe everyone deserves a healthy relationship? Show your commitment to ending abuse by hosting a workshop that increases YOUR group’s capacity to build and maintain healthy relationships. How? Take the ICARE CHALLENGE!
What is the ICARE Challenge?
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). To increase awareness about sexual violence, its effects, and most importantly, how abuse can be prevented, the University of Illinois Women’s Resources Center is challenging students to participate in inaugural ICARE CHALLENGE.
During the month of April, everytime you attend or request an I Heart Healthy Relationships or ICARE workshop, you will be entered into a raffle for amazing prizes! How do entried work?
- Attend ICARE or IHeart workshop – get 1 entry!
- Attend both workshops – get 3 entries!
- Request and host a workshop for your organization - get an additional 2 entries per request!
Nice! What kind of prizes?
We’ve got tons of great prizes, including free coffee at Espresso Royale! Our list of raffle prizes will be updated throughout the month. Raffle winners will be announced in early May.
Ok. I’m in. What’s next?
Workshops are currently scheduled for:
- Thursday, April 12th from 6 - 7 pm in the Women's Resources Center
- Tuesday, April 24th from 7 – 8pm at the Women’s Resources Center
- Additional dates to come!
Don’t see a date that works for you? Request a workshop (and get extra entries!).
Participants can choose from one of the two following workshops:
ICARE: A 60-minute bystander intervention workshop that is highly interactive, where students dialogue with peers in their organization about consent. After participating, students will better understand what helps people intervene in sexually disrespectful situations, how to set healthy group norms and promote active bystander behavior, and learn a variety of intervention skills. The workshop is built specifically for group members to examine their values and how they can work together to end sexual violence.
I Heart Healthy Relationships: An hour long workshop offered to established groups and residence halls on campus. In this interactive workshop, students will dialogue with peers about what healthy dating relationships entail, how to communicate effectively, what is needed and what should be avoided in a relationship, how to support survivors of domestic violence, and what support services are available on campus.
THANK YOU TO OUR ICARE CHALLENGE SPONSORS: