You are here
Asian American Cultural Center
this week at AACC:
Intercultural Horizons Internship Program Fall 2014 and Spring 2015
The Intercultural Horizon Internship Program promotes cultural awareness on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus by addressing various social issues that affect international and domestic students. The purpose is to establish a stronger connection between international and domestic students to create a more inclusive campus community. The goal of the internship is to develop recommendations to these issues and to implement programs throughout both semesters.
Selected interns will receive 3 credit hours of GLOBAL STUDIES 199 INDEPENDENT STUDY during the Fall semester, and 1 credit hour of GLOBAL STUDIES 199 INDEPENDENT STUDY during the Spring semester as well as a $500 stipend at the end of the Spring semester.
This internship is a partnership with the Asian American Cultural Center, the University YMCA, International Student and Scholar Services, and Diversity and Social Justice Education.
· Maintain a schedule of 10 hours of work per week
· Participate in weekly discussions about international and domestic student integration issues
· Develop and implement several projects throughout both semesters
· Create a list of recommendations for bringing together international and domestic students
· Communicate effectively with the Asian American Cultural Center, the University YMCA, International Student and Scholar Services, and Diversity Education and Social Justice
· Demonstrates commitment to bringing together international and domestic students
· Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and independently with a high degree of initiative
· Undergraduate student at U of I that is enrolled in Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semesters
· Must attend weekly meetings
· Federal Work Study preferred but not required
Submit a resume, contact information for 3 references and a letter of interest addressing the following questions below. Application must be received by July 14, 2014 by 11:59 am to email@example.com.
- How would this internship benefit your experience on campus and your future career goals?
- What are your past experiences working with international or domestic students?
- Describe you impressions of international and domestic student relations on campus from your own personal experience.
- What skills and passion can you bring to the Intercultural Horizon Internship Program?
- Why do you think you should be an Intercultural Horizon Intern?
- Do you currently have Federal Work Study?
Asian American Cultural Center will contact you if you will move on to the interview round.
Employment will start August 2014 to May 2015