- About AACC
- Our Programs
- AACC Events
- Get Involved
- 10th Anniversary Celebration
- Photo Gallery
- Space Request
- Contact Us
Asian American Cultural Center
Leadership Awards 2017
These awards recognize excellence in activities, programs, and services that promote cross-cultural understanding of Asian American and Asian international experiences, and that provide educational and cultural support for Asians and Asian Americans in our university community.
The awards will be presented at the annual ceremony to be held 7pm, Monday, April 24, 2017 at the Alice Campbell Alumni Center Ballroom. For more information contact the Asian American Cultural Center: firstname.lastname@example.org, (217) 333-9300, or www.oiir.illinois.edu/aacc.
Yuki Llewellyn Award for Outstanding Asian & Asian American Student Organization
Student organizations that have developed and implemented activities, programs, and services that promote greater cultural, social, or political awareness of Asian American issues. The award recipient must be a registered organization affiliated with the AACC.
Susan Yung Maul Award for Outstanding Asian & Asian American Program / Event
Programs/events that have shown a significant impact in serving the Asian American community, developing awareness of Asian American issues, and/or promoting unity in the Asian American campus community. The award recipient must be sponsored primarily by a student organization.
Outstanding Asian & Asian American Undergraduate Student Leader Award
Exceptional undergraduate student leaders who have served the Asian American campus community as advocates for promoting understanding of Asian American issues and in leadership of activities that promote unity among Asian American students. Award consideration favors those nominees who have exemplified several semesters of leadership to our campus and will soon be graduating.
Outstanding Asian & Asian American Graduate Student Leader Award
Graduate and professional students for excellence in developing and implementing programs for the Asian American campus community, excellence and innovation in classroom instruction that furthers knowledge of Asian American communities, and/or excellence in research that promotes awareness of Asian American issues. Award consideration favors those nominees who have exemplified several semesters of leadership to our campus and will soon be graduating.
Outstanding Asian & Asian American Faculty/Staff Award
This award recognizes faculty, academic professionals, and civil service staff who have shown years of commitment to the Asian American campus community in providing mentoring, advising, programming, counseling, teaching, and research opportunities that develop students’ self-awareness and that promote understanding of Asian American issues. Award consideration favors those nominees who have exemplified at least five years of service to our campus and have collaborated with AACC programs.
- On the first page, include (a) your own name and contact information including your e-mail address, (b) the award category, and (c) your nominee’s name and contact information. For RSO nominations, include the name and contact information for the top officer. For program/event nominations, include the name and contact information for the primary coordinators.
- On the second page, write a nominating letter of up to one single spaced page. Describe how the nominee meets the criteria for the award (which are listed above). You are encouraged to include supporting documents and website links regarding the nominee in addition to this page.
- Attach a photo (jpeg) of the person, RSO, or program/event you are nominating, which we will include in our program booklet.
- Nominations must be emailed as a Word document attachment to email@example.com.
As in years past, a panel of students, alumni, faculty, and staff will determine the selections. Please invite your nominees and your ogranizations to attend the ceremony.