- About Diversity Ed
- I-Connect Diversity & Inclusion Workshop
- LENS certificate
- Illinois Interfaith Challenge
- Professional Development
- Make a Gift to Diversity Ed
- Request a Workshop
The Racial Justice Allies and Advocate training is designed to provide students, faculty, and staff with a core awareness of the structures of racism, its role in interpersonal relationships, and empower allies to elevate the voices of underrepresented populations at the University of Illinois. RJA Trainings are presented as a 1.0 (introductory) and 2.0 (advanced) levels. All participants are strongly encouraged to attend the 1.0 session prior to attending the 2.0 session.
Dates for 2016-2017 are as follows:
- Version 1.0: September 29th from 1-4pm (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
- Version 1.0: October 3rd from 6:30-9:30pm (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
- Version 2.0: November 3rd from 1-4pm (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
- Version 1.0: February 15th from 9am-12pm (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
- Version 1.0: March 23rd from 1pm-4pm (Special Spring Break Session)
- Version 2.0: April 3rd from 6:30-8:30pm
- Version 2.0: April 12th from 9am-12pm
If you are interested in attending, please follow the link to RSVP.
Racial Justice Allies & Advocate training is a collaborative project of Student Affairs, coordinated by Diversity & Social Justice Education. The Racial Justice Allies & Advocate training is also available by-request for student organizations, campus communities, departments, and units. For more information on the Racial Justice Allies & Advocates Training, contact DiversityEd@illinois.edu or call 217-244-1814.