- WRC Home
- Women's History Month
- About WRC
- Support Services
- Our Programs
- WRC Events
- Get Involved
- Photo Gallery
- Space Request and Request for Co-sponsorship
- Contact Us
Women’s Career & Leadership Development Programs
Women’s Career Institute
The Women’s Career Institute is a career and leadership program sponsored by the Women’s Resources Center in collaboration with the University's Career Center and YWCA of the University of Illinois and offers an expansive list of workshops designed to prepare women for the workforce. Past topics have included navigating career fairs, negotiating salaries and promotions, revamping your resume, and dressing for success. Should you require any additional accommodations (assistance with food and seating, large print programs, ASL interpreter, visual/audio assistance, etc.), please contact the Women's Resources Center, at email@example.com, or via phone at 217.333.3137 at your earliest convenience.
WOW: Women of Worth Leadership and Career Seminar Series
WOW is a seminar series developed and presented by the Women’s Resources Center, the Career Center and the Leadership Center. This series was funded by SIG (Student Affairs Strategic Initiative Grant) and consists of three seminars:
- Exploring Talents and Strengths. Learn about personal talent and strength development and
- how it connects to career exploration and personal success.
- Women in Today’s Workplace. Gain specific knowledge about the current status of women in
- the workforce and learn how to apply that knowledge to your individual goals, using your own talents and strengths identified in the first seminar.
- Alumni Panel and Networking Social. Hear from a diverse panel of working women in order to connect and apply the information taught in the first 2 seminars. A special networking social concludes the seminar series.