The Women's Resources Center is a designated confidential resource related to sexual assault/rape, sexual harassment, stalking and abuse within a relationship (sometimes called dating or domestic violence). That means when we talk with students, staff, and faculty who have experienced harm, we make sure you get what you need and on your terms! There are several staff members at the Women's Center who provide you with support and advocacy services.
To schedule a free appointment, call 217.333.3137 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or just stop in during our office hours from 9am-5pm Monday thru Friday.
Students, faculty, and staff of all gender identities are welcome and able to receive services (this includes men).
Individual support and advocacy services are available to students by appointment and referral. The WRC utilizes a survivor-centered approach to our work where empowerment is central. Additional support services and reporting options can be found at the University of Illinois We Care website.
Student Issues Addressed:
- sexual assault/ sexual abuse/rape
- abuse in intimate relationships
- stalking and street harassment
- unplanned pregnancy
- gender harassment
- sexual harassment
- sexual identity issues
- unequal treatment based on gender
- child care access and support
- safety on campus
- eating disorders and treatment
- body image/body politics
- single parenting
- financial issues
- health & fitness concerns
- sexuality and reproductive health
- women returning to college
Support Services Offered
- crisis management
- advocacy for academic needs
- advocacy with criminal justice system
- advocacy with student discipline system
- information & referral for therapeutic needs on campus, in the community, in the home community, abroad or travel
- advocacy with significant others and parents
- financial assistance (scholarships and awards)
- educational programs addressing needs of women
- confidential support groups