- WRC Home
- About WRC
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Advocacy & Support Services
- wrc Programs
- WRC Events
- Get Involved
- support the WRC
- Photo Gallery
Verdell Frazier Young Awards for Women
The Verdell Frazier Young Award was established to assist womxn who have had an interruption in pursuing a college degree. Awards are available for Fall, Spring and Summer. Individual applicants can be awarded for two semesters within a given degree program. The application is currently open and accepting rolling applications. Priority consideration will be given to applications submitted by midnight, Sunday, December 13th.
Award Eligibility Requirements:
- There must be at least one year interruption in the educational process with priority given to applicants with a two or more year interruption. The interruption can occur at any point in the educational career.
- Priority for awards will be given to undergraduate students.
- All currently enrolled students are eligible regardless of citizenship or in-state status.
- All continuing students must have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75; each student must include a copy of their transcript or grade report.
- Students will be eligible for the awards no more than 2 semesters per degree (including summer terms).
- All students must submit a copy of their Financial Aid Award Letter; financial criteria will help to determine the amount of the award.
- A fully completed application and interview will be required for all applicants.
- Students must be enrolled at the University of Illinois - Urbana campus during the award period. Enrollment may be full or part time.
How to Apply
Applications may be submitted via the online form here. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and potential recipients will be invited to a brief, in-person interview. Note: You will be notified by Women's Center staff if you are selected for an interview.
Additional questions can be directed to the Women's Resources Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 333-3137.